Welcome to Monte Sano!!

Hey Y'all.
It has been one crazy and hectic week down in the good ol' ABM.
Last week there was an absolute atrocious amount of things going on and I am honestly surprised I managed to survive all of them.
Earlier in the week, I had to manage to find time to pack all of my bags and other junk I've accumulated and also say goodbye to everyone in Greenville before transfers on Wednesday morning.  Transfer day finally came and we had to leave our place in Greenville at 7 to make sure to be on time for our meeting in Birmingham at 10.  It was sad to see an area which I had come to love greatly in my rear-view mirror but I was definitely excited and anxious to get to work up here in my new area.
I got my new companion finally and he is Elder Dawson; he grew up in Arizona and has been out for almost a year now.  Luckily, he had been serving in our area already for 3 months so he knows all of the ropes when it comes to work up here.  Something even crazier happened when we got up to Monte Sano, we had a meal appointment and I don't think I have ever anticipated home cooked food as much as I did Wednesday night.  The week has been going by crazy fast will all of the people we are teaching and we have also been working hard to make preparations for our baptism coming up on Saturday for a brother and sister named Mackenzie and Quinlan.  I am so excited for the both of them and I don't think I have ever met people this prepared to make covenants with their Heavenly Father.  Majority of our Sunday was spent finalizing all of the details for their baptism and the members of the Monte Sano Ward are great help; they've been incessantly calling us to offer assistance with the program.
Today also ended up being one of my favorite p-days I've had in the mission so far.  We left our place at 6:30 this morning to meet the Elders in Scottsboro and go hike the infamous Walls of Jericho.  We got to the trailhead around 8 this morning and by the time we made it to the falls and back, we almost hiked 10 miles.  Needless to say, we were all exhausted and sweaty.
Anyways, my time is being cut short but I am so excited to be serving in this area I absolutely know the church is true.  I absolutely love being able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with every here in the south.  I'm so grateful to be called to this work and am so thankful to everyone who has helped me get to this point in my life.
Love,
Elder Foster



Comments