BAPTISM!

Hey Everyone,
So time is running short again as usual.  It seems lately that my time in the mission field is flying by.  At the conclusion of this week, I will have been out for 7 months now and I can barely comprehend that I have been on my mission that long.
With that said, this week was of course chalk full of events.  Elder Dawson and I had a baptism on Saturday for Mackenzie and Quinlan Flick.  They were so excited and felt the spirit rushing over them as they made covenants with their Heavenly Father.  We had great attendance from the ward and many members, and also Mackenzie, bore their testimony on the following Sunday of the peace they felt from the Baptismal Service.  We are so grateful to everyone who participated and made this day special for both Quinlan and Mackenzie.
We also had a Zone Conference on Thursday where the entire focus was on becoming a "Master Teacher." President Sainsbury had the opportunity to attend a regional Mission President's Conference where he managed to spend an hour with Elder M. Russel Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  During their time together, Elder Ballard stressed to our mission president the importance of every missionary becoming a "Master Teacher" in our mission and the many blessings that would follow.  From Zone Conference, I was able to culminate many new ideas and topics in which I can study and put to use in my work as a missionary to help me become a "Master Teacher."
We had a few other meetings last week as well and it was almost impossible to even block out an hour last week so that we could do our weekly planning.  I'm so grateful that we are busy though, I know it definitely keeps me out of trouble.
Love y'all,
Elder Foster

 


Comments