Lots of Water.........melon!

Hey Y'all,

Well a heck of a lot has happened here this past week and it's finna be a good hot summer!

To kick things off, I got a new companion on Wednesday and his name is Elder Porter; he is from Clinton, Utah which is a small town near Ogden, Utah.  He goes home here at the end of this transfer so it will be interesting killing my first companion ("Killing" is missionary jargon for sending a companion home).

I guess to sum up the work that we have done this week, it has entailed doors being shut in our face, philosophical conversations with drunk psychology students, and incessant sweating, raining, and biking.  It's is so weird how all of this may seem pretty crappy but I love it.  Rejection and trials help to refine us and bring us closer to the Savior!

So over this summer, for institute class, the topic has been "Foundations of the Restoration." Basically it is a detailed course that goes into every detail of the events that led to the fullness of Christ's church being restored and without a doubt, my testimony of the Restoration has grown.  Last night for our Missionary Preparation Class, we decided to give the students a break and watch a film instead; "Prophet of the Restoration." I have seen this movie a few times but definitely had my love and admiration for the early Saints solidified and strengthened.  I'm so grateful to those who have given their lives for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I would invite each of you to watch this movie and consider the blessings you have received from the Restoration of the Gospel.

Have a blessed week!

Elder Seth Foster
Steadfast in Christ!





Comments