The BEST WEEK EVER!

Hey Y'all!

This has been one of the most premier and memorable weeks of my entire mission!!
To start the week, on Sunday we had a conference with Elder David A. Bednar and he, in the words of my mission president, "called us all to repentance!" It was so crazy!! But wait, there's more!

On Tuesday, as a Zone, we were able to watch the live broadcast from Salt Lake where the new Prophet and First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were announced.  I have a firm and unshakable testimony that President Russel M.  Nelson is the Lord's prophet here upon the Earth and that he will move His work forward in the Kingdom of God!  To conclude this day, we went out to our car and discovered that it was snowing!!! AGAIN!!! This is the second time it has snowed this past winter and I love it.  It amuses me so much to see the entire state shut down and become overly paranoid because a dusting of snow covered the ground for a mere 24 hours. 

Fast forward to Saturday and everything becomes exponentially better.  Our entire mission, all 200 of us, gathered in Birmingham to have a rare conference with an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Elder Neil L. Andersen and his wife came directly from Utah to address our mission and give us specific guidance and direction that is sure to help this great work move forward!! I remember leaving the conference with an indescribable feeling of love and appreciation for the things I have heard.  I will forever be moved by the words he spake.  From this whole experience, there is one thing that continues to stick with me: "Much of your testimony is given by who you are." 

Sunday finally came and the weather took a complete 180 from earlier this week.  The sun was shining and the temperature got up to 75 degrees.  The day concluded with transfer calls that indicated I will stay here in Alabaster for the next transfer along with my companion Elder Corbett, I truly feel blessed!

I  love you all and appreciate all the efforts you put forth to continue in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Elder Seth Foster
Steadfast in Christ

   

Comments