Week 74

Hey Y'all

It is a great time to be a missionary in the Alabama Birmingham Mission!

To begin, I want you all to know how grateful I am for the General Conference that we just had.  Out of all of the Conferences that I had previously watched, I don't recall being as spiritually nourished as I did from this one.  I love President Russel M. Nelson and I know that he is a Prophet call of God! I'm super excited to see how all of the changes will help to progress the growth of the Lord's Kingdom here upon the Earth.  I hope each of you can find the time to reflect, study, and ponder the messages that were shared.  They will be of great strength and importance to you as they are to me.

This pas week we also had a General Authority Seventy come to our mission; Elder Jorg Klebingat, who was sent to our mission by President M. Russel Ballard.  It was a climactic experience that I'm sure to never forget.  He opened the conference by asking: "Are you excited?" (We all reply yes.) "I'll fix that!"
Elder Klebingat is one of the sternest people I've ever met; he said that "the DNA strand for beating around the bush, ya, I don't have that!" That was an understatement! He taught us so much about how we can each grow and ensure that we are "Good with the Lord." He taught us how to put everything on "the altar," so that we may be able to spiritually grow to greater capabilities.  Ultimately, he taught us of our unique and divine identity as Children of our Father in Heaven.  Each of us was prepared specifically to come to the Earth at this exact time and given spiritual gifts that are given to help build the Lord's Kingdom.  I love this knowledge and I know it to be true.  Our mission was extremely blessed by his remarks to us this past week!

It is also coming time for transfers again...I have been in Alabaster now for six months so there is a high anticipation that I will be transferring to a new area next week.  I guess we will just have to wait to find out until next week.

I also want you all to know how much I love Alabama.  This place is beautiful and I love the people here.  Southern Hospitality is real, fried food tastes the best, and the heat and humidity are actually wonderful.  I can't wait to see what these next few months bring.

I love you all and hope and pray the best for each of you in you individual circumstances.

Have a blessed week!

Elder Seth Foster
Steadfast in Christ!




Comments