18 Months!

Hey Y'all,

Well I guess it has been about a month now since I've put anything on here.  The longer that I'm out, the more I loathe sitting down at a computer to email.

Everything is pretty much the same here in the Tuscaloosa YSA.  This is actually the last week of this transfer so we will be having transfers again in a little over a week.  I know that there will be quite a few changes happening down here to accommodate for the loss of people for the summer time, including the mass quantity of missionaries that will finish their missions.  The past few weeks on campus have been basically a graveyard.  It's a miracle to see maybe more than five people out there.  Fortunately, summer classes will begin this week and there is expected to be around 15,000 students enrolled for summer courses. I'd be lying if I said that it isn't hard to work here and share the Gospel but I can't help but be happy and love the work that we at least get to do.  It makes me a lot more grateful for the Tender Mercies that the Lord gives us each day.

Yesterday, we had a historic event happen; the Bessemer Stake Conference.  As we were in the general session yesterday, I realized that I have spent half of my service in the mission field so far in this great Stake.  Our Stake Presidency was reorganized yesterday to accommodate our Stake President's call to serve as an Area Seventy for the Church.  The conference, under the direction of President M. Russel Ballard, was presided over by Elder Taniela B. Wakolo of the Seventy.  His remarks concerning the divine process or Revelation and the power of the Book of Mormon helped to fortify that which I have been studying as of lately.  He invited us to read the Book of Mormon and highlight every reference of the Savior and promised us that as we do so, our lives' just as his was, will be changed forever.  I plan to start this immediately and would invite each of you to do so as well.  I love the Book of Mormon.  I know that we can experience the power of this perfect book as we make it a priority so study it every single day!

I love the south! This weather is a doozy, the food is the best, and these people love Jesus Christ.  I'm so thankful that I have this sacred opportunity to share His restored Gospel to the people Alabama!

Have a safe and blessed week!

Elder Seth Foster
Steadfast in Christ!








Comments